Rehm Park features an all-purpose field, two tennis courts, one Gaga Ball pit, two sand volleyball courts, a playground with play equipment and a sand play area, plus it is home to one of Oak Park’s greatest traditions: the Rehm Park Trains. The hand-operated trains cruise along a track, free of charge, inside the playground, and are a great family activity. See park map.
At Rehm Pool guests will enjoy a 50 meter zero-edge pool with spray play apparatus, a separate 6 years and under wading pool, and a play area with a water feature. This facility also features a diving well equipped with 2 drop slides, a one meter diving board, and a climbing wall. A sun deck and a concession stand are also available at Rehm Pool as well as an aquatic lift for persons with disabilities for easy pool entry and exit. Rehm Pool is ADA accessible. Rehm Pool provides swimming lessons for all ages as well as a variety of specialty classes. View more information about our pools and swimming programs on the Aquatics page.
Acquired in 1913, Rehm Park was originally called “South Park” but was subsequently renamed after Colonel Arthur D. Rehm, a member of the Park District’s first Board of Commissioners and its second Board President. The original park was designed by Jens Jensen, although little of Jensen’s design remains. The play train has been at Rehm playground since at least 1960. An outdoor pool was constructed in 1966 and quickly became a destination. While remediation was taking place at Barrie Park in 2001, Rehm hosted the “Temporary Barrie Center” double-wide trailer north of the diving well.