1151 North Marion Street , Oak Park, Illinois 60302, United States
AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
Baseball & Softball Field
Tennis Courts (No Lights)
Park: Sunrise to 10pm
Playground: Sunrise to Sunset
Acquired in 1925, this park was originally called “Green Fields” but was subsequently named after Gustav A. Lindberg, the first Superintendent of Parks at the Park District of Oak Park. In 1972 the Oak Park River Forest Community Foundation established the Presidential Walk in Lindberg Park with the planting of 17 sugar maples, one for each of the 17 former Village of Oak Park Presidents. This tradition continues with a new tree planted as each village president ends their term in office. One of the ball fields is named for Merritt Lovett, a former Park Board Commissioner.
A site master plan for Lindberg was completed in fall 2010 which identified such improvements as adding paths on the north and east sides to complete a walkway around the park, replacing backstops and fencing, improving security lighting, tennis court reconstruction, adding a shelter structure, improving field drainage, and adding “health-walk” medallions around the park and new landscaping. In June 2012 the Park District was awarded an Illinois Department of Natural Resources OSLAD (Open Space Land Acquisition and Development) grant for Lindberg Park improvements. This project began in July 2014 and was completed in December 2014.