Carroll Park is a favorite among kids featuring a new tot playground (2020) and a larger, new playground (2020) shared with the neighboring Lincoln School offering plenty of places for school-aged kids to climb, spin and swing.
Carroll Center is home to many preschool and afterschool programs during the school year. A 2,400 square foot addition was completed on the Center in 2020 to accomodate the growing need for camps and afterschool care and the Park District’s overall need for more program space. The Carroll Community Center is currently not available for private rental. See park map.
Request a facility tour.
Acquired in 1916, the park is named after children’s author Lewis Carroll and includes a center originally designed by John S. Van Bergen. The center has been significantly modified over the years. The northern part of Kenilworth Street was vacated by the Village in 1960, to expand the park and connect it to the Lincoln School grounds, creating roughly five acres of total open space.