Outdoor Ceremony Permits
Parks make a lovely setting for individuals wishing to hold a simple wedding, commitment, vow renewal, or other similar type of ceremony outdoors. Because our parks are open to the general public, those wishing to hold their ceremony in one of our parks must abide by the following:
- No more than 75 people are permitted at the ceremony
- No tents or canopies may be erected
- A maximum of 10 chairs are allowed to be carried in by hand to aid elderly and disabled guests
- No amplification of sound is permitted
- No catering is allowed
- No specific spaces in a park are guaranteed
Ceremony Permits do include permission for professional photographers and/or videographers to be present to document the event (a separate Media Permit is not required). Pre- and/or post-ceremony photos are also allowed at the same location as long as they take place within the time period noted on the permit.
Group Size: Up to 75 individuals
Application Requirements: Completed Ceremony Permit Application
Permit Fee: $50/hr
Additional Outdoor Ceremony Options
Outdoor ceremony options are also available at Park District historic properties which can often accommodate larger groups and allow for amplified sound and use of other equipment including chairs.