The State of Illinois has issued guidance for Phase 5 which allows for near-normal operations.
Please review our Phase 5 operational plan below:
- Fully vaccinated individuals can opt to not wear a mask or face covering.
- Unvaccinated individuals should wear a mask or face-covering, including all children aged 2 to 11 who cannot be currently vaccinated.
- State of Illinois – Restore Illinois – Phase 5 Guidance
- Normal capacities allowed per the posted bather loads at each location.Click here for the new pool schedule.
- Unvaccinated individuals, which includes all children under 12, should continue to wear a face covering when not in the pool.
- Concessions will remain closed. However, we will stock the vending machines as quickly as possible. You can also bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages to eat in the concession area at Rehm or on the raised deck areas at both Rehm and Ridgeland Common; no coolers and no catering are allowed at either pool. Please, no glass containers on the pool deck. Bare feet and broken glass do not mix.
- We have expanded our outdoor swim lesson offerings, which begin June 12.
- We still need more lifeguards—a great job for teens! Starting pay is $12 per hour and training is provided. Click here to apply.
- CDC Guidance – Visiting Beaches and Pools
- Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear face coverings.
- Unvaccinated individuals who cannot maintain 6’ distance should continue to wear face-coverings.
- Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear a face covering.
- Unvaccinated individuals, which includes all youth under 12, should continue to wear face. coverings when 6’ distance cannot be maintained (i.e. in the dugout, playing contract sports).
- Staff working with youth under 12 must continue to wear face coverings.
- Face coverings will not be required outdoors if social distancing can be maintained. However, individuals may opt to wear face coverings.
- We are excited to return to special events for the community. We have concerts in the park planned to begin on Sunday, July 11 and movies in the park to begin in July. Stay tuned–more info will be released soon.
Many summer programs and camps still have openings. Check out the summer program guide online here. The fall program guide will be delivered on July 24-26 to your home, with registration opening for residents on July 31. All of our programming for ages 2 to 11 will still require masks for both participants and staff.
Outdoor Tennis/Pickleball Courts: Outdoor courts are open.
Dog Parks: Dog Parks are open. Please see our dog park guidelines if you have questions.
Skateboard Park and Basketball Courts:Facilities are open 8a-8p.
Park Shelter and Facility Rentals: We are accepting reservations for park shelters, picnic sites, and athletic fields. Click here for Rental and Permit information.
All parks, playgrounds, splash pads and athletic fields are open.
Drinking Fountains with bottle fillers are open. Unfortunately, regular drinking fountains are currently still closed.